There are several alternative to soap and water cleansing. Cleansers can be in the form of creams, milks, lotions, gels and liquids.
All are, a combination of oil, wax and water which have been formulated to suit different skin types.
Cotton -pad dipped in fresh milk available at home, is an equally effective cleanser.
The right way to apply cleansers and creams on your face is in an upward and outward movement. The skin should not be long-drawn-out, dragged or pulled.
There’s tried-and-true ways to correctly care for your skin, from the right way to cleanse your face, to the best moisturizers and sunscreens.
Healthy and agile skin is not so much of a dream if you take proper defense and pay attention to your diet and exercise.
Balanced diet, hydration and defensive from sun and wind should be a part of your daily regimen. Here are the four basic steps to skin care that are compulsory and cannot be skipped on any account, if you want a naturally radiant skin.
Skin Care Tips
1. Â If you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them regularly to keep oil from clogging the pores approximately your eyes and nose.
2. Â If you get acne on your body, try not to wear tight clothes. They don’t allow skin to breathe and may cause annoyance. Scarves, headbands, and caps can collect dirt and oil, too.
3. Â Keep hair clean and out of your face to prevent added dirt and oil from clogging your pores.
4. Â Protect your skin from the sun. It may seem like tan masks acne, but it’s only provisional. A tan can cause the body to produce extra sebum, which may worsen your acne, not improve it.
Skin Care for Oily Skin
The great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types. Â
Oily skin needs special sanitization with plenty of hot water and soap to avert the pores from being clogged.
Avoid harsh products that strip your skin of oil and encourage flakiness.
They can cause a reaction known as reactive seborrhea, where the oil glands work overtime to compensate for the loss of usual oils.
Avoid skincare products that leave your skin mood taut and dehydrated. They cause the upper layers of the skin to shrink. This restricts oil flow from end to end the pores leading to blockages and breakouts.
To cleanse oily skin, use oil-based products as they dissolve sebum effectively. Opt for oil-free moisturizers to uphold a shine-free complexion.
Home Remedies for Skin Care
1. Â Rub red sandalwood (Pterocarpus santalinus) in rose water to make a paste. Apply this paste over face and neck for improving complexion.
2. Â Grind a potato (Solanum tuberosum) and gather its juice. Apply the juice on your face and leave to dry. Wash it after 10-15 minutes. It helps removes ugly acne marks from the skin.
3. Â Mix a teaspoon of honey with few drops of lemon juice and saffron. Apply all over the face. It is known to be effective in lightening spots as well as nourishing the skin.
4. Â Mash a banana (Musa paradisiaca) and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Apply this paste over face and neck for 15-20 minutes. It works as an effective moisturizer for the skin.
5. Â Take tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) pulp and mix it well with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply it over face and other open to the elements parts of the body. Leave it 10-15 minutes. This treatment tightens pores, removes tanning, lightens dark spots and treats acne as well.
Read more on Lakme Beauty Products and Shahnaz Hussain Beauty Cosmetics and Beauty Tips
Dr. Sarkozy Mikal